Smart Kids Bedrooms
What does it take to make your kids room Smart and why should you?
I have a few answers to the question
- Will help you save power
- Remote turn off/on lights
- Remote turn off/on night lights
- Remote turn off/on lamps
- Remote turn off/on TV
- Remotes for Fans or Lamps get lost or broken
- Have Fun with it
- Play pranks on your children
- Make it, so they can't turn things on or off unless you want them too
- Think you’re the best parent as the kids or you can control everything with your voice or App
- Not looking forward to
- I am going to be in trouble when Addie and Colin learn how to talk to Alexa and starts turning on and off all the lights in the house.
- I'm looking forward to the fun times as I won't care, but Stephanie will go nuts.
I make Addie’s and Colin's room Smart because I wanted to control everything I could via App or my voice. It has helped tremendously with power savings and also not allowing them to turn things on and off all the time. We run out of the house so fast at times that we forget to turn off the fan or light, then we house have to back in and turn it off. Now we tell Alexa Auto to do it for us.
Items in my Kids Rooms
- Smart Fan with Light controlled via Bond Home. I lost the remote and didn’t want to pay $100 for a new one yet.
- Smart Plug for heater
- Smart Plug for a nightlight
- Smart light strip for when they want different colors
- Cree Led Natural Light Bulbs
- Echo Dot- For turning things on/off and also for music
- Soon Smart Vents and smart Blinds
- Smart Plugs will be getting changed out to Smart Outlets soon.
Items for a Smart Kids Room
- Smart Switch- Kids love to turn on and off lights OR leave them on all the time. I usually find out as I'm leaving the house that something was left on. I have fun when Addie turns them on in the middle of the night, so I turn them off with Alexa.
- Smart Assistant- Helps control all the devices in the rooms and also can play music the other functions to help your kids fall asleep. I love to have it play trumpets to wake them up.
- Smart Plugs-Turn on/off lights, fans, heaters, and TVs
- Smart Bulbs-If you don’t want to go the switch around, get a smart bulb and one that changes colors so the kids can have some fun.
- Smart Light strips- Good for a nightlight or backlighting of beds or dressers
- Smart Fan- Turn the fan or light on/off. I use this a lot when I see the room is hot so it can cool it down some.
- Non-Smart Nightlight-Replace on the outlet with a day/night sensor light. It helps save power and gives the kids some view at night.
- Smart Nightlight- Echo Glow is cool for a nightlight, and it can sync with music that is playing
- Smart Vents- helps control the temperature in the room
- Smart Blinds- Waiting to get the Ikea ones. All the other ones cost way too much for what they need to do.
Don’t forget it's your Kids Room and they need some cool things, do this for the Adults but think of the future and what items the kids might like.
Like this article?
My thoughts and opinions: no one is paying me to promote their products. This means no company is paying me to give them good reviews. I’m not going to play that game of we’ll provide you with cash, products, referrals, and so on if you give us good reviews. If a company feels like giving me money, products, or referrals, then good for them. This will not change how I review their products. If I think the product is Good, I will promote it as a tested product that I stand behind as it should work fine for you. I have no problem saying what’s good, bad, needs fixed, or added to the product.
RobsReviews.Net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
RobsReviews.Net is a participant in The Home Depot Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on HomeDeport.com. The Home Depot and The Home Depot logo are trademarks of The Home Depot, or its affiliates.
RobsReviews.Net is a participant in Best Buy Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on BestBuy.com. Best Buy and the Best Buy logo are trademarks of Best Buy, or its affiliates.
RobsReviews.Net is a participant in Walmart Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Walmart.com. Walmart and the Walmart logo are trademarks of Walmart, or its affiliates.